Saturday, November 6, 2010

MNO

Before I write more about the Mommy Wars, I want to show some gratitude for other mothers.  I recently got home from Mom's Night Out at Sadie's and had such a great time.  It's so nice to get together with other moms who are going through the same things I am.  Our hubbies watched the bambinos and we got to hang out, eat some Mexican food, and drink a margharita (except Kristin who is expecting her baby on Connor's birthday!)  We can talk about whatever is on our mind and receive helpful advice about a range of topics.  These are the women I get together with every week for playgroup, which I admit is sometimes more for the moms than the kids.  Connor can really only lay there right now, but one day he will be able to play.  :)  I get to catch up with my other mommy friends and talk about nap schedules, sleep issues, starting food, and then even go into politics.  (Of course I always bring in politics haha)  It's so nice to be around other like minded women.  It's great to have a support network of other women in my life.  Don't get my wrong, my husband is amazing and my best friend, but sometimes you just need to talk to other women.  They just "get it".  They are all great moms and it's wonderful to share my new motherhood experiences with them.  And of course the women in my playgroup are just a few of the strong, beautiful women I know.  So here's to all the amazing women in my life, from my own mom, mother-in-law, friends from the past, current mommy friends, and everyone in between!  You are all wonderful!  :)

Here are some pics from my playgroup and Moms' Night Out!

 Me and my adorable Connor boy




 Marissa and Barrett

 Alana and Maddie

 Jenny and Alex

 Barrett, Alex, and Connor in age order (Connor is the oldest)

 Connor and Julia hugging

 Maddie and Julia climbing up the stairs at my house and then and older pic of Connor and Maddie

 Moms Night Out  (stupid lighting made it blurry) Marissa, Jenny, Alana, Kristin, and Me

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful to have you wonderful ladies in my life! Thanks for answering all my questions, understanding mommy stories and being supportive! Alex and I are lucky to be a part of the group!!

    ReplyDelete