Monday, November 29, 2010

Conversion

Here is my list of ways I'm becoming a 1950's iconic housewife and mom.  Here we go!

10.  I made the thanksgiving turkey to perfection if I do say so myself and then proceeded to make homemade turkey stock out of the carcass!
9.  I whip up a batch of homemade peanut butter Hershey kiss cookies when I know company is coming over.
8.  Instead of being covered with history books, news articles, and women's studies magazines, my nightstand now has parenting magazines, baby cookbooks, and Ladies' Home Journal.  I still do have one Ms. magazine there though!!
7.  My birthday presents this past year consisted of a camera (so I can take pictures of my baby) and a necklace (of course called teething bling so not only I get to enjoy it, but Connor can drool away on it)
6.  My friends and I get together once a week, not to go shopping or get mani-pedis, no no no, we have playgroup with our kiddos.
5.  And now my girls outing doesn't consist of cocktails, but tea time complete with decaf tea and tasty little sandwiches. 
4.   My conversations with other people mostly consist of how much our babies weigh, how much they sleep, eat, etc. 
3.   I'm crazy about gathering new recipes now and super excited to try them all out.
2.  I wear an apron, not any apron though, one that says "Domestic Diva" on it.

And the number 1 reason...
I mopped the floor the other day, with curlers in my hair!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA oh Becca, I love it! I want that apron by the way!!!!!

    ReplyDelete